Our ESG Commitment
Proserv is committed to utilising its controls technologies to optimise the reliability and performance of energy assets, reducing the carbon emissions of our customers and supply chain, and supporting sustainable energy generation. We aim to be a net zero emissions company by 2050, or sooner.
We care about our people, their development and how we conduct ourselves as a business. We support equal opportunities for all, a diverse workplace, and an environment where colleagues are encouraged to thrive and fulfil their potential. Doing things the right way is wired into our Proserv FRESH values and we adhere to high standards of governance, integrity and regulatory compliance.
Proserv will help to protect the planet’s future by ensuring we remove more greenhouse gases from the atmosphere than we emit.
To be a carbon net zero company by 2050 or sooner.
How will we become net zero?
REDUCE emissions through increased efficiencies
BALANCE the remainder through carbon offsetting programmes
SUPPORT our supply chain to show evidence of the same
Proserv’s strategy aims to reduce, balance and support across all three emissions scopes.
SCOPE 1: all direct emissions from our activities are under our control.
SCOPE 2: indirect emissions from power sources purchased and used by Proserv.
SCOPE 3: all other indirect emissions from Proserv activities occurring from sources that we do not own or control.
Over 4 million air miles were recorded in 2019 for global operations and contributed 1,870 tonnes of CO2.
REDUCE – We reduce the amount of travel necessary by maximising the use of video conferencing where possible
BALANCE – Emissions from any travel which cannot be negated will be balanced with carbon offsetting
SUPPORT – We seek to build upon virtual factory acceptance tests to encourage our supply chain and customers to travel less
- Minimise travel to business critical
- Remote meetings and virtual tests
- Electric vehicles for intercompany transport
- Direct flights
Our journey to becoming a renewables powered company.
REDUCE – We reduce the power used through local energy management programmes and sharing best practice
BALANCE – We ensure our energy only comes from renewable sources
SUPPORT – We introduce power emission ratings on our suppliers and partners
- Phase 1: Switch to a renewable energy provider and introduce domestic reductions
- Phase 2: Energy storage can be implemented as part of the renewable energy production using batteries or hydrogen
- Phase 3: Assess feasibility of renewable energy investment to match power needs
We aim to work collectively with colleagues and suppliers to control our waste levels.
REDUCE – We reduce waste through local waste management programmes and sharing best practice
BALANCE – We recycle or apply a cost to waste within our supply chain and facilities
SUPPORT – Waste reductions will be targeted towards engaging with our supply chain and obligating them to minimise packaging or use sustainable packaging materials
- Engage with supply chain, procurement, engineering and production to reduce the amount of waste from our products
- Track the life cycle of materials
- Embed the reduce, reuse, recycle mindset in our working culture
We will minimise water wastage across our organisation.
REDUCE – Reduction in water consumption is achieved by ensuring our manufacturing plants minimise usage. Digital sensors and smart meters offer valuable awareness of where water reductions can be captured.
- Minimise water usage in manufacturing processes
- Use water alternatives in cooling/heating systems
- Recycled water for non-potable activities
- Water systems maintenance ensuring clean water and sanitation facilities maintained
- Use water efficient fixtures
Our value proposition already reduces emissions by extending the life, and improving the reliability, of assets.
Reliability commitment: We provide the energy industry with best-in-class quality across all our solutions.
Never obsolete: We aim to deliver systems that never become outdated, sourcing appropriate spare parts and harnessing backwards compatibility to upgrade, and not replace, wherever we can.
- We extend the life of our customers’ assets – Our technologies optimise the performance of equipment, helping to prevent hydrocarbon leaks and reduce fluid and energy use
- We reuse materials where possible – We always aim to reuse, refurbish and upgrade customer equipment, wherever viable, integrating our Augmented Controls Technology (ACT)
- We SUPPORT our clients on promoting best practice – We actively and openly work with our partners around quality assurance and standards
- We comply with fluid regulations – All fluids used in our designs meet industry standards and limit environmental impact
- We REDUCE equipment removal – Our solutions reduce the need to replace or move kit, lessening the risk of hydrocarbon emissions and shrinking our customers’ carbon footprints
- Our technologies REDUCE travel – By using digital technology and real-time monitoring, we can remotely support our clients
People Policies – Proserv will ensure that its personnel are able to work in a professional, safe and discrimination free environment.
Learning & Development – Supported by our FRESH values, our mission is to allow our people to continually develop, thrive and reach their full potential.
Employee Engagement – We are committed to giving our employees a voice through employee representative forums, employee engagement surveys and regular town hall meetings.
Community – We ensure that the Group remains a healthy, happy and environmentally conscious place to work.
Pay and Conditions – We provide a fair and cost-effective pay and reward structure that motivates and retains our employees.
Proserv ensures that its personnel are able to work in a professional, safe and discrimination free environment.
- All Proserv employment policies ensure equal employment opportunities for all employees
- We prohibit discrimination on the basis of gender, race, sexual orientation, disability, religious beliefs, age or any other status protected under applicable law
- We treat people with mutual respect and dignity and will not tolerate any form of abuse, victimisation, bullying or harassment
- Our recruitment and selection processes support diversity and inclusion, are gender neutral by design and our recruitment adverts are free from bias
Supported by our FRESH values, our mission is to allow our people to continually develop, thrive and reach their full potential.
- We support knowledge sharing and empower our employees to develop themselves through access to coaching and mentoring, learning libraries and webinars
- We provide role specific and developmental training and further education support, including sponsorship and competence frameworks
- We continue to support the promotion of the STEM sector as a viable career option for all, working with schools, colleges, universities and employer forums
We are committed to giving our employees a voice through employee representative forums, employee engagement surveys and regular town hall meetings.
- We have various systems in place, such as Yammer and Teams, that actively encourage open conversation and interaction around the globe
- We provide channels, such as online reporting systems and surveys, that allow employees to provide direct feedback to identify and understand issues or concerns
- We work with employee advocacy groups and Change Champions to identify opportunities for improvement, where benchmarks for future and past performance can be made
We ensure that the Group remains a healthy, happy and environmentally conscious place to work.
- With our employees taking centre stage, Proserv Community groups act as facilitators for ensuring that everyone has the opportunity to create and take part in their own CSR activities
- Each facility remains responsible for its own Community, organising efforts such as charity fundraising, donation drives and beach cleans
- We produce internal communications campaigns that focus on topics such as mental health awareness, complacency awareness, and health and wellbeing
- Our dedicated Covid-19 committee provides support and guidance to all employees on the pandemic, informed by national and international organisations’ guidelines and regulations
We provide a fair and cost-effective pay and reward structure that motivates and retains our employees.
- We support fair pay, where people doing the same or similar work are paid within appropriate salary ranges for the work undertaken
- We provide generous core benefits that are funded by the company, such as medical insurance and retirement plans
- In some countries, we provide additional voluntary benefits which employees can choose to select
- We support flexible working and have a policy that can be applied to all roles in the organisation
- We will make reasonable adjustments to enable equality of opportunity for all our employees
Corporate structure and governance – As an organisation, we ensure our corporate structure and governance are fit for purpose for delivering our goals.
Business and personal integrity – Proserv personnel are expected to perform and work with honesty and integrity and comply with all applicable laws.
Protecting Proserv employees – We are committed to ensuring our workplace is a safe and ethical place to work for all employees, contractors and stakeholders.
Protecting Proserv assets – We are committed to ensuring that our assets are not at risk from fraudulent activity, or exposure from data and confidentiality breaches.
As an organisation, we ensure our corporate structure and governance are fit for purpose for delivering our goals.
- Led by a board of directors, with responsibilities delegated to the senior leadership team, we ensure our corporate structure is fit for purpose for delivering our goals
- Governed by the LLC Agreement, we have committees in place to ensure that appropriate oversight and governance are maintained over matters of particular importance
- We have developed a number of policies and a Business Code of Conduct to ensure that we carry out our business in a legal and ethical manner and expect those with whom we do business to embrace similar values and standards
- We abide by the Foreign Corrupt Practices Act (FCPA), UK Bribery Act 2010, the Dodd-Frank Act and Proserv companies must comply with all applicable export control laws and economic sanctions when conducting international business
Proserv personnel are expected to work with honesty and integrity and comply with all applicable laws in the course of their business activities.
This is whether or not such activity is specifically covered by our business ethics booklet or any other Proserv policy.
- Proserv personnel must avoid conflicts of interest between their private activities or personal interests and their responsibilities and duties owed to the company
- Conflict minerals: we undertake reasonable due diligence with our supply chain to understand the origin of the minerals contained in Proserv products
- Personnel are prohibited from trading in shares or other securities in Proserv or any other publicly traded company on the basis of inside information
- Proserv will not engage in any activity or business practice that are in breach of any applicable competition and/or antitrust law to which they may be subject
We are committed to ensuring our workplace is a safe and ethical place to work for all employees, contractors and stakeholders.
- Proserv has a zero tolerance approach to modern slavery and human trafficking and has a number of policies and procedures in place to guard against the risk
- Proserv is committed to ensuring that our employees have the right to create and join organisations of their choice without fear of reprisal or interference
- Proserv is committed to ensuring that you are able to work in an environment that is free from harassment, including victimisation and bullying
- Proserv’s business activities are governed by stringent HSE principles designed to ensure best practice and compliance across our operations
We are committed to ensuring that our assets are not at risk from fraudulent activity, or exposure from data and confidentiality breaches.
- We are committed to supply chain transparency, with our supplier base qualified, monitored and audited through an approved vendor list using a procurement policy
- Proserv will not condone, facilitate or support money laundering or fraud, and will comply with all relevant national and international laws and regulations
- Proserv personnel must protect confidential information, proprietary information and trade secrets in their possession from unauthorised use or disclosure
- Proserv will comply with local privacy laws and legislation affecting the acquisition, maintenance and use of personal data, for both employees and contractors, clients and agents