ECG™ Holistic Subsea Cable Monitoring
A new approach to cable monitoring for offshore wind farms
Proserv Controls and partners have developed a new and unique system methodology for subsea cable monitoring and fault detection that applies to export and inter-array cables within offshore wind farms. The methodology involves a holistic and proactive approach that can considerably reduce the OPEX of operating, maintaining and managing subsea cable assets.
Proserv Controls understands the specific industry challenges that are related to monitoring cables, cable faults and the cost of failure on cable assets. This knowledge, complemented by our offering of leading controls technology and integrated solutions, best places Proserv Controls to provide this innovative and unique approach to monitoring cables.
Protect your cables and stop faults from occurring
By combining Synaptec‘s sensor technology and BPP Cable Solutions machine learning and AI capabilities, the ECG™ represents a paradigm shift in automated condition monitoring, enabling small anomalies in performance to be detected long before a problem arises.
- Maximise power transmission and increase efficiencies
- Reduce failures as a result of intelligent monitoring
- Protect against serious events with warnings of developing faults
- Save OPEX and vessel costs with planned intervention
- Plan lower cost interventions around weather and resource availability
- Peace of mind about the condition and integrity of your cable
A real-time, online and scalable cable health check
Our solution employs a unique non-intrusive passive monitoring technology, enabling multiple sensors to be deployed throughout the wind farm, thus creating a multiparameter sensing network, and with measurements provided at a central location.
Employing Synaptec‘s passive sensor arrays, ECG’s sensor technology requires no power or data networks and provides live data more reliably and securely from more locations. This wide area, multipoint technology is ideal for automated condition monitoring, and improved asset management decisions.
- Distributed temperature sensing
- Distributed acoustic sensing
- Distributed electrical sensing
- Partial discharge monitoring
- Environmental data
- And more…