SCM retrofit due to OEM obsolescence
Location: Norwegian Sector – North Sea
Equipment: A2G SEM upgrade
Our client had a requirement to refurbish older Aker 4G subsea control modules (SCM) that have obsolescence and fault issues, particularly with the internal subsea electronics module (SEM).
The original equipment manufacturer (OEM) was unable to support the system or deliver spare parts to support.
Proserv completed a full overhaul of the SCM and its components utlising our latest A2G SEM technology which is currently installed and coexisting with the OEM system until the client upgrades the balance of SCMs.
Scope of work
Refurbish the used Aker 4G SCM module by installing a Proserv A2G SEM with redundant power and communications.
Reuse all hydraulic parts and sensors, replace only if necessary and refurbish all existing equipment.
Interfacing to topside Siemens DCS by legacy MODBUS map.
- Cost effective, since most SCM parts are durable and will now be reused
- Short lead time, Proserv delivered the SCM in 6 weeks
- High bandwidth and open topside interface
- Redundant power supply and communication
- Flexible system and market-leading SEM reliability