Subsea electronics module
The Artemis 2G subsea electronics module (A2G SEM) is a next generation controls and communications technology for both green and brown field applications, that uniquely frees operators from the constraints of an existing umbilical by finding additional signal capacity to enable a cost-effective field upgrade or extension.
The A2G SEM performs with industry leading reliability, coupled with a design that ensures zero obsolescence issues, past or future, making sure that the most critical component within the subsea control system provides the best and most reliable performance.
- High-speed, copper-based, multi-drop networks as a viable alternative to fibre optic infrastructures; in addition to hybrid fibre-copper solutions
- Maximises flexibility, performance and reliability of subsea communications and additional functionality for subsea equipment support.
- Increases controls accessibility for remote diagnostics via secure inbuilt webserver interface linking subsea to the desktop
- Support for co-exist with existing networks, is fully back compatible with existing technologies and doesn’t require any proprietary software for remote configuration and support.
- Provides a fully compliant subsea control and instrumentation standards; ISO 13628-6, API 17F, SIIS, IWIS; [optional: support for non-standard interfaces available]
With the extraction of subsea oil and gas reserves becoming increasingly challenging in deeper and more isolated areas, greater data is required from subsea instrumentation to provide operators with the information necessary to make effective decisions and optimise production. Longer step-out distances between subsea fields and host facilities also mean that improved communications and power technologies are needed to enable production in remote locations.
The A2G SEM is a next generation controls and communications tool that uniquely frees operators from the constraints of an existing brownfield umbilical by finding additional signal capacity to enable a cost-effective field upgrade or extension. In addition, A2G offers high-speed, copper-based, multi-drop networks as a viable alternative to fibre optic infrastructures within the subsea production system.
A2G maximises flexibility and optimises functionality providing more powerful communications and instrument support. Furthermore, it increases accessibility for remote usage though its web page interface from subsea to the desktop and provides advanced configuration and diagnostics to deliver unparalleled adaptable communications.
The A2G has been developed as an advanced intelligent management tool which, as a result, is more flexible and optimises functionality. It is effectively the brain of the subsea and control operations because unlike other tools, it controls all of the communication systems and enables the power, speed and accessibility necessary for the control and monitoring of challenging subsea infrastructures and environments.