Proserv is an industry leading controls technology company with an extensive brand heritage reaching back 60 years. We operate in over 60 countries worldwide, working from 14 global sites. By combining technical ingenuity with design, engineering, manufacturing, and field service expertise, we create innovative solutions that can be applied to standardized systems.
Our people are fundamental to the success of our organization and remain at the heart of our achievements. At Proserv, we aim to develop our business around a valued and motivated workforce that encourages personal development and allows our people to flourish and realize their fullest potential.
What You Need to Know
Functionally reporting to, and receive direction from the Group Finance Manager , you will be responsible for all accounting activity as related to their location. This includes the preparation of monthly management reporting, balance sheet governance and is responsible for ensuring Group Accounting Policies and Procedures are adhered to, with appropriate supporting documentation prepared as required. The Finance Manager is a key partner to the FP& A Manager, ensuring that complete and accurate financial records are maintained to facilitate informed decision-making and ultimately to support the business in meeting its objectives.
Key Accountabilities (includes, but not limited to the following)
- Monthly Reporting:
- Responsible for all month-end closing routines, including necessary Project Accounting processes, and preparation of the monthly reporting pack.
- Balance Sheet Governance:
- Ensure full reconciliation of all balance sheet accounts for all assigned legal entities, prior to monthly financial close, with a specific focus on Work-in-progress and Accrued / Deferred income positions.
- Inventory Accounting:
- Management of inventory accounting
- Coordinate, with the support of Operations, inventory counts ensuring proper performance and reconciliation in accordance with Company policy.
- Ownership and coordination of the E&O process.
- Fixed & Intangible Assets:
- Review of CAPEX requests for compliance with IFRS.
- Coordinate, with the support of Operations, fixed asset counts ensuring proper performance and reconciliation in accordance with Company policy.
- Ensure CAPEX items are properly capitalized in the month of acquisition.
- Management of intercompany reconciliation and confirmation process.
- Recurring Tasks:
- Lead cash management and forecasting requirements, liaising with Corporate Treasury to provide information as required.
- Management of local invoicing processes ensuring invoicing is performed accurately and timely, support credit activities to drive improvement of cash collection and DSO KPI’s.
- Assist the Group Finance Team in the delivery of statutory audit information and liaise with the auditor for legal entities under your control.
- Drive continuous improvement and alignment of our Global Business Management System including operational finance processes and internal controls, including documentation of local processes.
- Help drive a consistent global approach to optimize the use and reporting of the existing ERP System (AX12) and support the implementation of new systems and tools as directed by management.
- Any other delegated responsibilities as instructed by Line Management within the timeframe specified in a safe and efficient manner to meet business requirements.
- Degree qualified
- Qualified Accountant (or time served in a suitable role).
Skills & Experience
- 2-3 years post qualification experience.
- Proven track record within a similar controlling / finance management role.
- Ideally prior experience of the Oil & Gas sector or similar industry.
- Proven background in maintaining strong financial processes, risk and governance.
- Effective decision maker with demonstrable analytical and problem-solving skills.
- Ability to identify and implement process improvements.
- Ability to work with minimum supervision and take responsibility for effectiveness of own work.
- Demonstrate good planning and organizational skills, with ability to react quickly to changes in priorities.
- Confident; driven; and ambitious – but a down to earth individual.
- Strong verbal and written skills.
- Excellent ERP experience.
- Strong MS Office skills.
- Capable of traveling to various regional facilities and international locations for meetings or training as necessary and directed.
- Ability to lift and carry files, packages, and boxes weighing up to fifty (50) pounds.
- Natural or corrected vision to read printed materials and computer screens.
- Natural or corrected hearing and speech to communicate in person and over the telephone.
- Capable of properly using standard office equipment, including a telephone and a computer with a keyboard.
- Ability to wear Personal Protective Equipment (PPE). Includes hard hats, steel-toed shoes, safety glasses, etc.
- Work will primarily be performed indoors in a controlled environment. Some exposure to the manufacturing and shop areas, which are open and not air-conditioned.
How To Apply
If you are interested in this position, please:
- Complete the personal details contained in the application below then click Apply.
- Remember to attach your resume/CV, this is a mandatory requirement of the application process.
- Attach any other documentation/covering letter you think may assist with your application – please note that it is preferable that certificates, qualifications etc. are not sent at this stage.
Please note that Proserv assess all applications based on merit. Should a suitable candidate be identified, Proserv reserves the right to close the recruitment process prior to the advertised date. Only those candidates considered to be suitable will be invited to interview.
APPLICATION FOR EMPLOYMENT
This Company is an equal opportunity employer. Proserv Operations, LLC. or its’ entities, does not discriminate in hiring because of an individual’s race, religion, color, gender, sexual orientation, national origin, citizenship, or disability. The Age Discrimination in Employment Act of 1967 prohibits discrimination on the basis of age for persons 40 or more years of age. Should you become an employee of Proserv Operations, LLC, this application will become part of your permanent record. If necessary, you may use additional sheets of paper. Please do not include any information regarding race, religion, color, gender, sexual orientation, national origin, citizenship, or disability.