Group Treasury Accountant - 12 Month Fixed Term
Proserv is a controls technology company. Our aim is to offer cutting-edge, disruptive solutions to clients right across the energy sector enabling them to enhance the reliability of critical equipment, extend the life and value of their assets, and improve their operational efficiencies.
Our team not only has the talent and technological expertise to deliver these transformative goals, but day-to-day, we hold to a clear set of Proserv values that underpins everything we do right around the globe.
So, if you believe you not only have the right skills and know-how for this role, but you are a team player; keen to do things the right way; possess an inquisitive and creative mind; prioritise delivering top-quality service and you enjoy helping and collaborating with colleagues or clients – then we really want to hear from you.
What You Need to Know
We are looking for a Group Treasury Accountant on a 12 month fixed term basis, who would join our finance team based in Westhill, Aberdeenshire. The role will report directly to the Group Finance Manager and will assist them in the delivery of the department’s responsibilities.
The Group Finance team is defined into 5 key work streams – Finance; Accounting; Tax; Credit Control; and Financial Planning & Analysis. This role will be sits within the “Finance” work stream
What We Are Looking For
Some of the Key Accountabilities (includes, but not limited to the following:
- Cash Flow Management
- Develop and implement cash-flow forecasting model (format; content; and functionality)
- Owner of Cash Flow Management Policy; Procedure; and required Work Instructions
- Preparation and reporting of daily Group bank position
- Preparation / coordination of weekly cash flow forecast for Group companies (including review of critical AP and AR)
- Lead weekly cash discussion / AP release meetings by providing recommendations based on cash position and requested spend.
- Day-to-Day Group Level Transactions
- Transactional processing and preparation of accounting records for Group companies in respect of bank transactions
- Management of ancillary treasury requirements e.g. KYC, Direct Debits, corporate credit cards, purchasing cards, user set up, bank account opening / closure, maintenance of bank mandates
- Bonds; Guarantees; and Letters of Credit
- Responsible to provide a best in class service to the business where bonds, guarantees or LOCs are required for tenders and contract, taking a proactive and responsive approach
- Global process owner for bond requests, ensure the process is clearly communicated and training is provided to the business
- Manage bond and guarantee process and controls – approval in accordance with DOA, issuance of instruments, monthly reporting of position and internal rebilling
- Compliance with the administration requirements in the Group Credit Agreement with the banks, including timely reconciliation and payment of bond fees
- Relationship Management
- Daily point of contact for banking partners on all operational requirements
- FX rates
- Extract and upload of monthly exchange rates to AX 12
- Inter-Company Loan Arrangements
- Calculation of Group interest schedules, issuance of Intercompany invoices, clear-down, structuring of funding, loan administration
- Liaison with Group Tax Accountant for advice and support on IC loan structures
- Perform any other delegated responsibilities as instructed by Line Management within the timeframe specified to meet business requirements.
- Degree qualified (or time served in a suitable role).
Skills & Experience
- Proven track record within a Group Treasury department – ideally within a complex environment on a global scale.
- Experience of managing bank bonds and guarantees, coordinating with banks and internal stakeholders.
- Ideally prior experience of the Oil & Gas sector or similar industry.
- Ability to self-manage time critical tasks.
- Strong focus on client satisfaction.
- Ability to knowledge share (transmit and receive lessons learned) with other colleagues.
- Effective team building skills whilst being able to work autonomously and self-motivate.
- Demonstratable analytical and problem-solving skills.
- Ability to identify and implement process improvements.
- Strong verbal and written skills.
- Excellent ERP experience.
- Strong MS Office skills.
Why Choose Us
Our colleagues work office hours of 37.5 per week and are flexible, also adopting a hybrid working approach. Our benefits package includes a great pension scheme, Private Medical Insurance, Income Protection and Life Assurance all supplemented with a further flexible benefits scheme which includes the ability to buy/sell holiday, car leasing and many more options to suit your lifestyle.
Closing date for applications is 22nd November 2023
How To Apply
If you are interested in this position, please:
- Complete the personal details contained in the application below then click Apply.
- Remember to attach your CV, this is a mandatory requirement of the application process.
- Attach any other documentation/covering letter you think may assist with your application – please note that it is preferable that certificates, qualifications etc are not sent at this stage.
Review our UK Recruitment Privacy Notice. – here
Please note that Proserv assess all applications based on merit. Should a suitable candidate be identified, Proserv reserves the right to close the recruitment process prior to the advertised date. Only those candidates considered to be suitable will be invited to interview. We will aim to provide feedback to you during or shortly after the application closing date.