Service Technician (Mechanical)
Proserv is a controls technology company. Our aim is to offer cutting-edge, disruptive solutions to clients right across the energy sector enabling them to enhance the reliability of critical equipment, extend the life and value of their assets, and improve their operational efficiencies.
Our team not only has the talent and technological expertise to deliver these transformative goals, but day-to-day, we hold to a clear set of Proserv values that underpins everything we do right around the globe.
So, if you believe you not only have the right skills and know-how for this role, but you are a team player; keen to do things the right way; possess an inquisitive and creative mind; prioritise delivering top-quality service and you enjoy helping and collaborating with colleagues or clients – then we really want to hear from you.
What You Need to Know
Our Service Technicians are required to undertake all aspects of mechanical installation, commissioning, system diagnostic testing and provide aftermarket/maintenance support services of mechanical, electrical or hydraulic surface and subsurface of control systems at global locations. You will represent our company and build relationships by interfacing with client representatives and consistently delivering outstanding support.
Due to the nature of the role you will be required to travel offshore or to global locations, as required, to maintain levels of service support to our clients; therefore you must hold a valid driving license, passport and an offshore survival ticket.
We are looking for someone who is passionate and can bring experience to this role which is based at our facility on Beacon Park, Great Yarmouth.
What you will be doing
- Travel to global locations to provide commissioning, installation, and maintenance services on surface and subsurface wellhead control systems, as required by client and project schedules.
- Carry out inspection/repairs and testing to control equipment/components returned from clients. Provide necessary inspection reports and test data.
- In conjunction with base support engineers, identify equipment required to achieve site/ offshore work scopes and assist with preparation of equipment prior to mobilisation. Ensure that service test equipment is maintained and serviceable for use.
- Work in conjunction with other individuals within the department to meet client schedules for all site installation, commissioning, and aftermarket support/maintenance activities. Liaise with internal departments to support client’s requests and requirements.
- Represent company and interface with clients at global locations. Liaise with clients to provide support for both technical and non-technical issues in relation to company products and third-party equipment supplied as part of company scope.
- Provide daily site reports to both external and internal clients; update company/client documentation after site installation, commissioning activities and maintenance of surface and subsurface control systems.
- Ensure professional and timely submission of reports, timesheets, and expense claims in accordance with company policies and month end requirements.
- Identify additional service opportunities and communicate to service management. Assist with the compilation and maintenance of key customer database.
- Provide support to other company product lines and manufacture/testing of surface and subsurface control systems if deemed competent to do so.
- Identify further possible service and support opportunities whilst away from base.
- Prepare the necessary equipment required for site installation, commissioning, and maintenance activities. Carry out necessary maintenance of such equipment, as required.
- Good academic/mechanical background.
- City & Guilds/NVQ Level 2 in mechanical or electrical engineering or equivalent.
- Offshore Survival.
- Ideally should possess additional professional/vocational qualification(s) in mechanical or electrical installation and testing, higher than essential requirements.
- Understanding of Microsoft Office – Word, Outlook and Excel.
- Understand the operation and maintenance of electrical or mechanical hydraulic control and systems.
- Proven track record in electrical/mechanical/instrumentation/installation of topside Wellhead or subsea control system /control system manufacture and Test.
- Ability to read Hydraulic / Electrical schematic drawings.
- Good communication skills.
- Ability to interface with internal and external customers.
- Ability to work as part of the service team or unsupervised as required.
- Organised with excellent co-ordination/prioritisation skills.
- Customer focused with a desire to provide Customer/company satisfaction.
- Flexible with a proactive approach.
- Ability to technically analyse and problem solve.
- Experience with commissioning hydraulic operated systems and instrumentation.
- Experience in fault finding hydraulic/pneumatic/electrical control systems.
- Trained to SBT01 and SBT02 for small bore tubing principles and practices.
- Delivery of services within the Oil and Gas industry.
- Background managing the delivery of services within the oil and gas industry.
- Understanding of hydraulic/pneumatic control systems.
- Ability to read/understand electrical schematic and wiring diagrams.
- Understanding of the use and selection of hazardous area and SIL rated equipment.
- Trained/competent with the Safe Use of Electricity in Potentially Explosive Environments.
A high level of customer focus is required, together with the ability to prioritise workloads and represent the company in a positive manner; therefore willingness to work outside normal office/ factory hours, to support Customer requirements and site activities, is required.
What we can offer you
A competitive starting salary with an opportunity to advance, which will be dependent on competency starting level.
What you receive from Proserv as your employer is so much more than just a salary, our Total Reward package includes free cover for:
- Private Medical
- Life Assurance
- Income Protection
- Personal Accident
- Up to 7.5% contribution to Pension
As well as these funded benefits, Proserv offer an arrangement of voluntary benefits through salary sacrifice which produce savings on tax and national insurance, some of these include:
- Dental Insurance
- Gym Flex
- Purchasing or selling additional annual leave
- Technology products
- Critical Illness cover
- Additional cover for your family.
How To Apply
If you are interested in this position please:
- Complete the personal details contained in the application below then click Apply.
- Remember to attach your CV, this is a mandatory requirement of the application process.
- Attach any other documentation/covering letter you think may assist with your application – please note that it is preferable that certificates, qualifications etc are not sent at this stage.
- Review our UK Recruitment Privacy Notice. – here
Please note that Proserv assess all applications based on merit. Should a suitable candidate be identified, Proserv reserves the right to close the recruitment process prior to the advertised date. Only those candidates considered to be suitable will be invited to interview.