Test & Commissioning Engineer (Controls)
Proserv is a controls technology company. Our aim is to offer cutting-edge, disruptive solutions to clients right across the energy sector enabling them to enhance the reliability of critical equipment, extend the life and value of their assets, and improve their operational efficiencies.
Our team not only has the talent and technological expertise to deliver these transformative goals, but day-to-day, we hold to a clear set of Proserv values that underpins everything we do right around the globe.
So, if you believe you not only have the right skills and know-how for this role, but you are a team player; keen to do things the right way; possess an inquisitive and creative mind; prioritise delivering top-quality service and you enjoy helping and collaborating with colleagues or clients – then we really want to hear from you.
What You Need to Know
Our Service Team based at our facility at Beacon Park, Great Yarmouth are looking for a Test & Commissioning Engineer (Controls) to join them.
You will be responsible for undertaking system testing, site installation and commissioning services of electrical/electronic/electro hydraulic surface and subsurface control systems.
You will also provide aftermarket support/maintenance of both PLC/SCADA based electrical/electronic/electro hydraulic surface/subsurface control systems and traditional Hydraulic/pneumatic surface/subsurface control systems.
The team also investigate and diagnose hydraulic/electrical and electronic system faults within PLC/RTU and Hydraulic/pneumatic controlled surface and subsurface control systems.
This is an exciting and varied role, working within a team who have a wealth of experience. Due to the global travel required in this position, our Test & Commissioning Engineers must hold a valid driving license and passport(s).
Some of the Key Accountabilities (includes, but not limited to the following)
- Undertake control system testing activities of electrical/electronic/electro hydraulic and traditional hydraulic/pneumatic surface and subsurface control systems at global locations, as required by company/client and project schedules.
- Undertake site installation and commissioning activities of electrical/electronic/electro hydraulic and traditional hydraulic/pneumatic surface and subsurface control systems at global locations, as required by client and project schedules.
- Undertake aftermarket support and maintenance activities of electrical/electronic/electro hydraulic and traditional hydraulic/pneumatic surface and subsurface control systems at global locations, as required by client and project schedules.
- Represent company, and interface with clients, to provide technical advice/guidance in relation to PLC/SCADA based electrical/electronic/electro hydraulic and traditional hydraulic/pneumatic surface and subsurface control systems.
- In conjunction with the Test & Commissioning Supervisor and Project coordinators, identify equipment required to achieve site/offshore work scopes. Assist with the preparation of equipment prior to mobilisation. Ensure that service test equipment is controlled, maintained and serviceable for use.
- Assist with the compilation of both technical and non technical documents/drawings prior to site installation, commissioning and maintenance activities.
- Update company/client documentation on completion of site installation, commissioning activities and maintenance keeping as built documentation/drawings fully updated for future maintenance and/or modifications of surface and subsurface control systems.
- Report, on an as and when required basis, to the Test & Commissioning Supervisor for work allocations and update of site activities when away from base.
- Assist with client training requirements. Provide and conduct training for client operational personnel at global locations.
- Identify any additional service support/system modification/upgrade opportunities and communicate to service management.
- Assist, as required, with the service and test department activities and functions on a day to day basis.
- Assist with continuous improvement of departmental processes/procedures.
- HNC or NVQ Level 3 qualified (or equivalent relevant experience) in one of the following disciplines of Mechanical, Civil or Electrical.
- Engineering qualification at HND or degree level.
- Understanding of Microsoft Office – Word, Outlook and Excel.
- Knowledge/understanding of electrical/electronic/electro hydraulic control systems, PLC/RTU systems and SCADA packages.
- Proven track record in testing/commissioning of electrical/electronic/electro hydraulic/hydraulic and pneumatic controls environment.
- Proven track record in the operation and maintenance of electrical/electronic/electro hydraulic/hydraulic and pneumatic controls and systems.
- Experience with testing/fault finding of electrical/electronic/electro hydraulic system/ hydraulic pneumatic, PLC systems and SCADA packages.
- Track record of delivering supporting services within the oil and gas industry.
- Good communication skills.
- Ability to interface with internal and external Customers.
- Ability to work as part of the service team or unsupervised, as required.
- Organised with excellent co-ordination/prioritisation skills.
- Customer focused with a desire to provide Customer/company satisfaction.
- Flexible with a proactive approach.
- Ability to analyse and problem solve.
- Track record in the build of both surface and subsea Electrical/Hydraulic control equipment.
- Understanding of hazardous area equipment.
- Compex certified.
- Understanding of SIL rated equipment.
- Experience/use of Allen Bradley, GE Fanuc PLCs, Citect and Intouch.
- Ability to amend software written code.
- Track record of working with Allen Bradley, GE Fanuc PLCs, Citect and Introuch.
A competitive starting salary with an opportunity to advance, which will be dependent on competency starting level.
What you receive from Proserv as your employer is so much more than just a salary, our Total Reward package includes free cover for:
- Private Medical
- Life Assurance
- Income Protection
- Personal Accident
- Up to 7.5% contribution to Pension
As well as these funded benefits, Proserv offer an arrangement of voluntary benefits through salary sacrifice which produce savings on tax and national insurance, some of these include:
- Dental Insurance
- Gym Flex
- Purchasing or selling additional annual leave
- Technology products
- Critical Illness cover
- Additional cover for your family.
How To Apply
If you are interested in this position please:
- Complete the personal details contained in the application below then click Apply.
- Remember to attach your CV, this is a mandatory requirement of the application process.
- Attach any other documentation/covering letter you think may assist with your application – please note that it is preferable that certificates, qualifications etc are not sent at this stage.
- Review our UK Recruitment Privacy Notice. – here
Please note that Proserv assess all applications based on merit. Should a suitable candidate be identified, Proserv reserves the right to close the recruitment process prior to the advertised date. Only those candidates considered to be suitable will be invited to interview.